Monday, June 05, 2006
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON ABOVE TO HEAR THE PODCAST.
This episode of The Book of Life, a show about Jewish people and the books we read, celebrates summer reading with an armchair trip around the world.
***Be sure to take the Book of Life Survey! Help us out with feedback, and be entered into a drawing for an electronic gift certificate for Powells City of Books!***
(Must complete survey by June 30, 2006 to be entered into the drawing.)
In this episode, we hear from:
* Holly-Jane Rahlens in Germany, author of Prince William, Maximilian Minsky and Me
* Abigail Yasgur, Director of the Jewish Community Library of Los Angeles' Summer Reading Club
* Jacob Edgar, ethnomusicologist for Putumayo and founder of Cumbancha, about Jewish recording artists and the CD, A Jewish Odyssey
* Pnina Moed Kass of Israel, author of Real Time
* Sheryl Stahl, librarian at HUC-JIR in Los Angeles, and host for the Association of Jewish Libraries 2006 Convention Blog
Background music is provided by The Freilachmakers Klezmer String Band.
All books and CD's mentioned on the show may be borrowed from the Feldman Children's Library at Congregation B'nai Israel. Browse our online catalog to reserve books, post a review, or just to look around!